Google
Archive
Data

Discussion > A laptop that can cope with CS5 and HDSLR footage?

Hi Chris,

Are you aware of any laptops (PC or Mac) that can cope adequately with the demands of HDSLR editing with Adobe Premiere Pro?

Or do the words 'laptop' and 'HDSLR video editing' just not go together?
Am wanting to travel with my 60D, Cs4 (or maybe CS5 upgrade) and edit whilst overseas.

thanks,

Matthew Polack

December 7, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMatthew Polack

Hi Matthew,

there are many of them on the market. I like Acer aspire 8943g. It has iCore7, and is Full HD 1920x1080

Best,

Marek

December 9, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMarek

Thanks Marek,
I've had a lot of crashing issues with my current Cs4 install on Premiere Pro and Windows 7 (ie. often within 1 -5 minutes on a recent project!)
Have tried all the 'fixes' I could find....defrags. scratch disks on different drives..updated graphics driver..
previewing transcoded AVI files on my current laptop has also struggled...with stilted playback...
so before I dive in to a new laptop I really want to make sure it is going to do the job...even beginning to wonder whether making the swtich from PC to a Mac Book Pro might be the answer...it seems a more 'standardised' platform...

I really love Premiere Pro and the Adobe suite..it is a great tool...but I have to find a way to get it to run reliably so I can focus on editing a story rather than regular reboots and grief...

CS5 may be the other thing that makes a significant difference too...

Thanks again.

December 13, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMatthew

Matthew,

I run everything on Windows XP Pro. Never had any issues. I am pretty sure that all bugs can be fixed. It is just a matter of time. I have always had Windows based computers. I prefer them to Mac because you can get a tons of small software, especially for video editing, and they are free. Mac, you have to pay. But again, that depends on your preferability.

You mentioned that AVI preview is stilted; I do not know the speed of your PC or laptop but it is definetely related to the speed of your processor. If you are going with HD only in the future, invest as much as you can afford for the fastest processor.

Best,

Marek

December 13, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterMarek